Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ascend

“My son, you've seen the temporary fire 
and the eternal fire; you have reached 
the place past which my powers cannot see. 
I've brought you here through intellect and art; 
from now on, let your pleasure be your guide; 
you're past the steep and past the narrow paths. 
Look at the sun that shines upon your brow; 
look at the grasses, flowers, and the shrubs 
born here, spontaneously, of the earth. 
Among them, you can rest or walk until 
the coming of the glad and lovely eyes-- 
those eyes that weeping, sent me to your side. 
Await no further word or sign from me: 
your will is free, erect, and whole-- to act 
against that will would be to err: therefore 
I crown and miter you over yourself” 
Dante Alighieri, Purgatorio - La Divina Commedia 
. . .
A little more than 24 hours is left to Sanctum.
I hope it wil lift your spirits as it did mine in the process of creation.
. . .

No comments: